Sometimes, this beautiful decorative piece can lead to a hazardous disaster. A lit candle is a major cause of fire in buildings. These fires sometimes become too dangerous that I may take the lives of people. So it is important to be precautious while lighting a candle to be safe, secure, and happy.
Here are Some Candle Safety Tips that You Always Review Before Lighting Any Candle
- Burning candles should never be left unattended.
- Keeps candles away from flammable things like oil, curtains, clothes, wood, etc.
- If your candle is placed in a candle holder, it should stand properly to avoid being easily knocked over.
- Candles should be placed where children and pets cannot touch or reached.
- Read and follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- Extinguish candles properly not with just a blow, they have to be extinguished with a candle snuffer.
- As long wicks can cause uneven burning and dripping so candle wicks be trimmed properly.
- Flameless candles are a safe alternative to lit candles as they produce a similar soft and glowing effect.
- Lit candles should not be used during power outages, so use battery-powered flashlights.
Above mentioned are the precautions that everyone has to be adopted while lightening any candles But it is quite important to install some fire safety equipment so that you get a notification or warning when the fire just took place or is in its initial stages.
- Smoke Alarm System: They help to detect the smoke and warn you in the initial stage of fire so that the appropriate step can be adapted to deal with the fire. Palex 4 zone fire alarm system is quite helpful and provides good security.
- Water Sprinklers: They are an advanced fire safety system, as they can fight small fires on their own and are quite beneficial to extinguish the fire. They restrict the fire to spread. There are different types of sprinklers that depend upon their requirement.
- Fire Extinguishers: It is mandatory to have fire extinguishers on every floor of the building. They are quite effective to fight the fire. Palladium is a well-known fire extinguisher manufacturer known for its good quality.
Make sure that all these systems are in working condition. Timely Maintainance of them is necessary. Working smoke alarm system greatly increase your chances of surviving. Candles make every moment special so be precautious and spend a wonderful moment of your life safely.