Causes of Warehouse Fires
- There are many causes of warehouse fires but the top causes are electrical malfunctions and poor housekeeping. Damaged wire, lighting fixtures, and heating units can cause great loss.
- It doesn’t matter who is the cause of the fire but what matters is how that mistake is executed. So always make strict laws to work in the warehouse.
- Some fires are intentionally executed to claim insurance or to do some fraud.
- No proper installation or maintenance of fire safety equipment is also the major cause of the fire.
WareHouse Fires Preventions
- Understand and Apply the Laws Applying to Fire Protection in Warehouses: Fire safety is governed by a number of laws and codes. That includes storage height, the distance between racks, and many more.
- Often Carry Our Risk Assessment: Opt fire prevention according to the material you will going to store.
- Know What Products You are Carrying and Advise Your Local Fire Department: If you are storing flammable substances then issue safety data sheets perfectly.
- Ensure Products are Stored Properly: Different materials require different storage units so plan accordingly.
- Develop and Post a Fire Safety Plan: Include an evacuation plan and make sure the warehouse has a number of exits.
- Train All Employees On Your Fire Safety Procedures: Train all employees how to tackle the panic situation so that loss can be minimized
- Practice Good Housekeeping: Good housekeeping help to avoid the risk of fire to a great extent.
- Don’t Use Electrical Heaters or Temporary Cords: Electrical equipment should be used outside the warehouse or use with some precautions.
- Install Fire Extinguishers at Every Possible Point: A fire extinguisher is the best tool to fight the fire
- Install Fire Alarm System With Smoke Detectors: that help to generate a warning when the fire is in initial stages: Fire alarm system helps you to execute proper plan to save the lives and property.
- Fire Suppression Systems (Sprinklers and hydrants) are Much Beneficial: Sprinklers help to extinguish fires when the fire has just started.
- Regularly Check that the Smoke Detector and Sprinklers are Working Properly or Not: maintenance of the fire alarm system is essential as fire can break out anytime and anywhere.